I went to get my hair cut yesterday so I my locks and the humidity would stop battling. I went with my Principal as she knew someone who knew how to cut hair. The bonus was it was an amazing experience (not to mention a great haircut).
We climbed the marbled circular staircase and upon reaching the top, were greeted by someone who took our abayas and hung them in the closet. Abaya off and crisp clean white smock on. The smock reminded me of a Doctor's white jacket. It had a little pocket on the upper left sleeve. I found out this pocket was to put my appointment paper in along with the invoice for the services I received.
After settling on an appointment time (sort of - Saudi time is not like Canadian time), I was ushered to a seat to have my hair washed. I sat down and the chair immediately started with a back massage. AHHHHH. The lady messed with my hair, complete with a scalp massage and finished with a tiny shoulder massage. AHHHHH.
I then was sent to sit in a very comfortable chair and was asked what kind of drink I would like, I ordered a cappuccino. Such a lovely presentation and yummy too. Now for the wait . . . . . My hairdresser was Valerie and I think she owns the business. She has about six or so chairs and runs (literally) from person to person. She worked on six other people before she came to me. Thankfully the chair was comfortable and fixed on the wall was a steel tube to rest my feet.
After my haircut I went into another room to get it styled. Each person that worked on my head got a little tip (including the lady who hung up the abayas). After a short stay of 2 hours and 20 minutes it is time to go outside and wait another 25 minutes for a taxi! Good job my meeting didn't start until 7:00.
No comments:
Post a Comment